After School Parent Pick Up Procedure
FOR PIONEER PARENTS:
The parent pick-up procedure solves two issues:
- To eliminate the need for parents to enter the building to pick up their child(ren) after school.
- To document who is picking up a child after school.
Every student is assigned to a Remind class based on the first letter of their last name. The Remind app is a free download available for both android and apple products.
To sign up, call the office and get a code to join a Remind class. This will be based on the first letter of your child's last name. When you arrive for the first time, feel free to approach the staff as they exit the building and introduce yourself. You may be asked for your photo ID or to see the Remind app.
Every family and each parent with children in grades K-5 should download the Remind app and join the class. Even if your child rides the bus, there will come the one day that you need to pick them up. You will need to use Remind. If you do not have a smartphone, you will be able to sign out your child via paper and pen. Just ask a staff at the end of the day (look for a person holding a clipboard). Parents will not enter the building to meet their child, they will be dismissed (grades 4 and 5) or brought outside by staff (K-3).
*Changes in the daily departure are still monitored by the office and shared via classroom teacher. Remind is only monitored between 2:50 and 3:30pm. Do not message the Remind account set up by your child's classroom teacher.
- Parent parks and sends a message to their assigned Remind class
- Then text in the Remind group: Here to pick up child's first name, last name (e.g. Here to pick up John Jones, Mark Jones, Jane Davis)
- Grades K-3; Staff gets the notification and walks students outside to meet parent
- Grades 4 and 5; Staff gets the notification and sends students outside to meet parent
- Grades 6-12; Parents wait in a MAC parking spot for their child(ren). Remind is not used
It is mandatory that you message Remind. Staff will not release your child prior to receiving the message- this is important documentation replacing the need for you to stand in line and sign a sheet of paper.
*All children who are picked up by sibling High School students who drive will be picked up at door 12, immediately northeast of the new Middle School Gym after Healy dismisses at 3:00. Enter from the HS parking lot and exit to Park Ave. High schoolers will need to use the Remind app as described above.
*All other students will be picked up from the south half of the MAC parking lot (West of the new Middle School). Parents may park along the curb or in a parking spot. Students exit door 20. Fifth and Sixth graders exit door 21.
FOR HEALY PARENTS/STUDENTS:
Students are dismissed at 3:15pm at Healy. If you are picking up your student after the final bell, please park in the MAC parking lot to pick up your student. If you are picking your student up during the day before 3pm, please park and enter through Door 2 at the High School to collect your child.