Thank you to so many parents, bus drivers, and snow plow drivers who have gone above and beyond the last 48-hours as we continue to work through one of our snowiest winters.
We have a couple of reminders during these challenging times of navigating:
- Our drivers must make the judgment regarding navigating through certain township roads that we hope are plowed, but we do not always know if they are plowed. If you are aware they are not plowed, please consider giving your bus driver a heads-up.
- If the driver determines that they cannot safely make it through a driveway that is not plowed, we ask them not to try. In those situations, you may need to get your child to the end of the driveway.
- Finally, if you live in a location where it is not driveable, it is okay that your child misses school. We will excuse the absence. In the end, we have to make a decision based on allowing the vast majority of students to safely make it to school. If it is not safe in your particular circumstance, that is okay. Do not feel any undue pressure to send your child through a driveway or township road that is not cleared, nor put yourself in that situation with your own vehicle.
Reminder: we will provide school cancellation and late-start information to families in several ways:
- We will make the phone call launches to all families who provide the phone numbers in our Synergy Student Information System. To this end, please use your ParentVUE/Synergy access to ensure your contact information is up-to-date.
- We will post an announcement on the district website as well as the Pierz Schools Facebook page.
- We will notify LF Radio of our decisions.
- We use the WCCO School Closings website.
Thank you, as always, for your understanding and continued support!